Don’t know what to eat anymore!
What is left to choose from?
How can anyone trust what they read on labels?
And why haven’t we all dropped dead by now?
You don’t actually need the food – just the vibration!
Where’s Health Canada for guidance?…
Oh yes, we have Canadian food rules… borrowed from the Americans.
* Ketogenic Diets – allows you to loose weigth without being hungry and cures cancer!
* Oils and fats cause cancer and are bad for diabetics?
* Vegans are going to save the world and this is THE only diet that cures cancer, too.
* Low Carb Diets are what we all should be on
* Carbs are BAD!
* We all need carbs for energy – follow the official American Food Rules by dieticians – 6 to * 11 daily servings of bread, cereal, rice, pasta (1)
* High Fat Diets cure many diseases and are dissed due to nutritional conspiracies!
* Dairy-Free Diets are smart because dairy is bad and dairy is no longer needed as we are weened from our mothers
* Dairy products leech calcium from our bones!
* Gluten is really bad for everyone
* Gluten causes cancer and immune system failure and immune deficiency diseases.
* Paleo diet – it’s the healthiest – just like our ancestors! Then what about vegetarianism?
* Egg-Free Diets are important because those chickens have been tortured
* Corn-Free Diets are a must as the GMO’s and glyphosates in corn are poisonous
* Soy-Free Diets are essential for the same reasons as corn.
* Soy is an Essential high-protein health food for vegetarians – my naturopath says so!
* Sugar-Free products are without a doubt essential, too, as sugar is a poison and destroys the immune system!
* Sugar is okay if it is raw honey or dried cane juice
* Vegetarians can eat fish and dairy once in a while – even if it has a face and a mother …
* How do I eat around all those nasty herbicides, pesticides, fungicides and glyphosates?
* Margarine is good for you – St Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver BC says so and expects their heart surgery patients to eat it
* Saturated fats are bad for you – but considered central to health at the Western A Price foundation (and those folks have a lot of PhD’s and are very healthy people)
* Drink 8 glasses of water per day
* Don’t drink 8 glasses per day
* Don’t drink water at all unless it’s alkaline
* Always drink water with lemon
(1) https://youtu.be/yZWs2XVU02w – at the 15:15 minute mark – an example of shoddy science that is accepted and supposed to guide us all
Want to be healthy but not sure how to navigate the poorly grown foods, omni-present toxins, disinformation on packaging, half-truths and half-baked assumptions in health magazines and money-making advertorials parading as research?
You may think or decide:
Hmmm…. Why do they sell junk food in hospitals’ cafeterias and especially at the cancer clinic cafeteria in Vancouver – obviousy they know what they’re doing – so I’ll stick with what they serve.
You may wonder:
Why do health magazines contradict each other so VERY much and get away with it?
Here’s a one-size-fits-all strategy to the “OMG isn’t anything okay to eat anymore?”
A simple four-pronged strategy – take your time with this:
1. Start with a clean slate – no over-thinking – throw out all the ‘shoulds’ and everything you ‘learned’ from the geniuses. Start by thinking of every food as being acceptable until you reject it. Start with the entire supermarket – all foods – and then eliminate slowly – category by category – item by item – remove what is not right for you. It will take a while and will be due to your choices and insights.
2. Eliminate the easiest items to eliminate first – the disgusting, obviously-unfit-for-human-consumption, processed, overly-preserved packaged, denatured, manipulated foods first – you know, the ones… and they have a very long suspicious shelf life too! It’s your wise choice – your logic – your self-education and personal intuition – NOT government logic, nor dieticians’ choices or / and certainly no advertorial non-sense.
Some examples may be cheap white rice (that you put into a hot pan and see which are plastic and which are actually rice), oxidized greasy potatoe chips, juices that were pressed days prior to your purchase and maybe even sitting in a box with metalic coating on the inside and bottled with stabilizers and sugars to keep forever (almost)… whatever seems correct deletions for you… (and a hint – if you can’t pronounce an ingredient, then you can’t eat it.)
3. Eliminate every food that has been sprayed / treated with glyphosates (these foods are grown on land already saturated with glyphosates from previous crops – and more are used each year – hyper unhealthy – dead soil that can only produce with ever more added artificial chemical fertilizer. Our governments do not explain or require labelling if glyphosates were used on a product – it could confuse us they thought! (If it doesn’t say that glyphosates were NOT used, then it’s already suspicious – wouldn’t you mak a point of saying good things about your produce.) Ask the farmer at the farmer’s market – some grow their own prodly and some just pick up stuff to sell (and we assume it was grown by the farmer selling it!). look up a distributor or producer online.
I love reading about how Discovery Organics, a Vancouver based wholesaler, for example, goes to great effort and with well-honed expertise to choose their farmers, check up on crops and how they help stimulate the best growing practices in North America. Check out where they distrubute to. https://www.discoveryorganics.ca
4. Then, after a while, when this has become second nature to only trust your own thoughts, your own beloved info sources and your own personal decisions, and it feels just right and as comfortable as an old sock, then you can shop in a happy unfettered open-minded way, then tweek and fine-tune your personal knowledge further and learn lots more healthier cooking tricks, healthy short-cuts and healthy-yummy recepies. And then you have to keep this up! Propaganda never stops. Altering our food never ceases.
This cleaner outlook will probably include avoiding a lot of eating out (few organics, lots of bad oils, pre-made processed menu items, MSG where-ever it can be used to augment taste, etc, and all of the poor quality but good-looking food that tends to come along with that: food addictives, food additives, and disgusting stuff no one tells you about… for flavour and colour and preservation…
Vancouver once had a popular chain of restaurants where the cook confided that he didn’t cook – just added, heated and stired all ingredients that came in from some commissariate from central USA. The only thing cooked from scratch at this chain were the baked potatoes – and even the condiments for these were imported and any wonder I always got a migraine after a meal there!
Usually the anti-human health add-ons are called “natural flavours” and “natural colouring” that are anything but “natural”.
This tweeking and fine-tuning approach to eating and choosing can be gradual and should NOT be overwhelming and based on your own research – not someone else’s say-so. Always try to follow the money in your smartly ‘researched’ and newly accessed articles / facts. You may want to avoid “follow the fad of the year / decade”. Suss out whether there’s virtue-signalling in good sounding advice that you may not be sure about. Then embrace your new knowledge.
Start with the assumption that “scientific research” and “unbiased nutritional advice” can be biased.
Here are two examples:
1 – margarine is still ‘pushed’ or talked up as good for you and butter is bad for you at two Vancouver BC hospitals that I’m aware of (probably more) by dieticians;;
2 – minimum daily dietary requirements – often these numbers are used to summarize the contents of supplements and foods on a label – and is based on either extremely outdated information used to justify meager dried rations for soldiers during WWII (till 1985) or research based on ‘science’ that leans in the direction of specific food lobbies – $$$. The food lobby is the second most powerful lobby group in Washington (incl Cargill, Pepsi, American soybean lobby, GM food lobby, dairy lobby, etc). That’s a hard group to beat!
The extra scepticism and time spent searching will be worth it. (You’ll not want to end up regurgitating someone’s notions that might sound okay or believable and stealthfully contributing to the ‘ka-ching’ factor.)
The quaity of food available to all of us who are not farmers, has diminished decade over decade.
When you have health challenges that you wish to solve with the subtly of a good diet – then a thorough in-depth live blood analysis (not one set up to sell you supplements or a quickie in a health food store) will serve you well.
Why not start by eliminating the worst offenders in each basic food category – for example
Eat them all – simple carbs (eg. some sugars such as organic coconut sugar, small amounts of baked goods made from organic non-GMO’d flour and even bake your own bread) and complex carbs (all organic fruit and veggies, root veggies, organic legumes and beans) except:
* all mass-produced baked goods (as of these that contain un-listed(!) unfermented inexpensive GMO’d, tortured glyphosated soy flour as well as heavily glyphosated regular wheat, esp all cheap baked goods and breads, low-end mass-produced pastas, mass produced breads, cheap crackers, etc, that keep for many months)
* all unfermented soy products (such as tofu, soy desserts, soy milk, soy ice cream, etc and spend a bit of time checking labels and reading up on these) as these are definately not made for human consumption because we humans do not have ANY of the enzymes required to digest soy protein properly unless it is fermented! Without proper disgestion of soy – all of it – it turns to extra slug accummulating in the 28 feet of intestines… (SOY: Cinderella’s Darkside… )
Most mass produced baked goods have both wheat flour of some sort and lots of SOY flour – often not listed in the ingredients – many profiles / labels are honest – but some are not – who checks? Certainly not the government!
(Often bakers don’t even know. They buy their base ingredients from wholesalers and pre-mixed, with an eye on the bottom line). A wonderful, long-established bakery here in my neighbourhood was selling 10 out of 11 breads with a major amount of soy flour in them – AND THEY DIDN’T KNOW!!
Ask and check – some stores are getting better – the Cobs Bread chain of bakeries in BC has made improvements to their ingredient lists! Kudos!
You’d be surprised how much is still hiding in the baked goodies at StarBucks where I still enjoy the soy-free oat bars. Terra Breads’ are my favorite. These are examples in Vancouver… so you see – lots of choice – no suffering – no conundrums – just a quick check – and stick to your guns.
Create new shopping habits!
People often react to wheat but often the culprit is the unfermented soy flour that is stealthfully added in, or, the devestating amounts of glyphosates that accompanies each bite (used because it is cheaper and weighs more and binds and is now integral in the growing business). The culprit is always deemed to be gluten and both glyphosates and unfermented soy flour mimick wheat gluten intolerences…
That’s a simple start with the simple carbs. You may want to dive deeply into when nano-graphene particles were added to our crops – and note that when it’s announced that they are about to begin to commence to start lacing certain foods with poisons such as these… that they have, in fact, aleardy done it! Beware of snake-oil sales that sing the praises of nano-graphene / fullerene supplements…
Our complex carbs – the fruits and veggies – are all great and the tweeking here is easier. If you have systemic inflammation and / or sore joints, then you may want to read more articles at this website and eat / choose away from these complex carbs: https://pacific-holistic.com/nightshades; https://pacific-holistic.com/lectins; https://pacific-holistic.com/all-things-glyphosate; https://pacific-holistic.com/oxalates
AVOID all high fructose corn products – go on line and see all the different names used for this type of sugar to bamboozle us, the consumer. Start becoming more familar with organic vegetables – which ones have which trace minerals and purchase those that can make a big health difference due to mineral and fibre content. (For example insoluable fibre in root veggies feeds your precious gut bacteria. Replace raw spinach (oxalates) and kale (lectins) in smoothies with raw organic parsley.)
Start by accepting that all protein is good and extremely essential for many body processes and avoid all non-organic proteins – be it farmed fish or tortured chicken or tortured eggs; (steer around all farmed fish except KuTerra.com salmon – usually sold at Thrifty’s, sometimes at Safe Way and served at Vancouver’s best restaurants). Soy flour (see above) – except fermented soy items (such as Japanese natto, miso, Asian stinky-soy and tamari sauce).
By the way, did you know that canned salmon is wild? It seems that farmed salmon is so toxic that it turns to mush in the can!
Your chicken is on it’s way: you have choices – happy campers versus tortured factory variety
AVOID all nasty oils that have been tortured in the extraction process with high heat and that have stabilizers added to overcome rancidness. Cold-pressed oils and preserved without too many stabalizers – and that’s what you want. If you need to apply heat for cooking purposes, then think of butter – a nice short chain fat molecule that is easier to digest once it is curled up from being heat treated (and contains the good butyric acid – great for the intestinal tract).
Restaurant oils are all pretty vile / rancid / and often re-used – so that’s a good reason to enjoy your own cooking.
Avoid all margarines.
A good read is The Oiling of America by Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, PhD – http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/the-oiling-of-america/#rise
Drink nothing that comes packaged in plastic. Don’t store water in plastic even if it came out of the tap – water is a solvent and you’ll get some of the bottle’s plastic that has leeched into the water – always carry water around in glass or metal bottles.
Look up the stats – most bottled water is of the same quality as Vancouver BC tap water. True fresh spring water is the best – and most of our springs have been shut down in my area… esp. sad and politically twisted was the closure of the very popular and free spring water well in Surrey, BC.
Not all spring water is worthy – some has unwanted heavy metals like well-water. But a rule of thumb is that a properly filtered tap water in BC is much healthier than anything bottled. Personally I use a Berkefeld filter – sometimes called Big Berkies.
Ozone does not keep in water for more than 4 hours – so please do not be fooled about consuming high-priced bottled ozonated water. If the ozone is held in the water, it would be due to unwanted added salts).
And how much?
Drinking amounts depends so much on circumstances – weight and activity. A sedentary, petite, young lady eating lots of fruits and vegetables living in a moderate climate, would drink less than half of the amount that a sweating, big brute of a construction worker would consume, esp if that person goes for a few beers after work and sweats all day in heat.
– constipated – drink more and see if that helps
– feeling abandoned, disconnected and like a ‘fish out of water’ AND bloated – then drink less till the problems resolve
– feeling excessively toxic – drink more clean water…
Certainly that ‘8 glasses a day’ rule will one day be looked upon as ludicrous.
Avoid cheap peanut butter (the peanut oil is extracted as it fetches a higher price than it’s replacement – cottonseed oil – and this is not specified on the labels because the FDA and Health Canada just don’t care). Unorganic legumes such as peanuts are over-sprayed for fungicides because they grow undergorund. Organic peanuts get much less anti-fungal action but may then have the fungus which must be killed off in high heat (denaturalizing) processes… best left as an very occasional treat.
Assume you will never know how pure your olive oil is, no matter what the price… but it is still better to use quality oils and make your own salad dressings and mayo than any store-bought variety of these – as the mass-produced are full of MSGs, sugars and unpronouncible stabilizers and chemicals for colouring, flavourings and preserving and are all called’natural’ (because no oversight is stopping the corprations!).
Olive oil understanding: https://www.cooc.com
Fast Mayo and fast dips – one minute health foods:
Start your blender and with an egg yolk or even a whole egg, a dash of some proper salt (see article on salt), a squirt or two of real lemon juice and a clove of garlic or two and let it whirl for 30 seconds. Then verrrrry slowly dribble in a few drops of best quality olive oil, then a bit more and then a tiny stream till you have poured about 3/4 cups of the oil of choice and things start to thicken and the motor slows down and the tell-tale glub-glub-glub becomes duller (add fresh flax oil half way thru or, instead, substitute with healthy combinations of nut or seed oils).
Then, for fun, you can add a handful of parsley for green mayo at the very end; extra garlic for aioli; well- chopped red pepper and dried tomatoes for a nice red colour… or other health items such as seeds …just as things start to thicken in the blender.
In any case – this is so-oooo healthy – use as a dip, a salad dressing, a base for other kinds of sauces for over fish or vegetables – all things possible – and quick and NO fillers and NO othe non-negotiable disgusting items.
The above bits and bobs are easy to put into action. Do this for a while till the choosing has become second nature.
Then you can pick out a few special targets – foods to avoid and others to add in – become your own specialist – tweek to taste and need. Here are some examples of fine super tuning:
Why create un-necessary dillemas?
Take spinach, for example, basking in the glory as the poster child for the stealthful argument that vegetables have sufficient proteins for all of our needs – as per some devious vegan gurus who make a killing writing books for vegans…
Well.. take a look at this belief… one cup of packed raw spinach contains 9 grams of protein and so it is believed that all you have to do is eat or juice 5 pounds of vegetables a day to get all the proteins you need… That simple logic may sell product, books and garner vegan fans and customer loyality,
The proteins in most vegetables and fruits are far from complete ones – the NINE ESSENTIAL aminos acids in most vegetables are just a few – two or three – or very limited in number – or in trace amounts if at all. And a food, or even a complex meal, is only as valuable or protein-potent as the smallest amount of the available essential amino acids.
If you are depressed you’ll want to embrace these minerals – best found in vegetables
Mining for Excellent Mental Health – eating your MOLYBDENUM, LITHIUM, MANGANESE – a grocery list at the end of the article.
It would actually take about 22 pounds of vegetables per day if we really wanted to be proactive and aim for taking in a daily minimum of the 9 ESSENTIAL AMINO acids; or 18 cups of coconut meat per day to achieve this; or 7 cups of sprounted lentils PLUS enough foods to make up for the complete lack of tryptophan (an essential amino acid, too) in these lentils.
Or one and one half cups of soaked almonds AND more foods high in methionine and tryptophan to make up the almonds’ lack there of!
Millions upon millions of dollars have been made by gurus supplying the vegan world with ‘wisdom’ and product. Follow the money before you follow their advice!
And have a look here: https://pacific-holistic.com/guide-for-vegans
The renowned ex-vegetarian – the health ranger of NaturalNews.com – Mike Adams – used to have a huge vegan food supply company (in California) while he lived in Ecuador. He sold his popular California company to another American vegan expat who lived in Ecuador on Mike Adam’s grand old property). Mr Adams has come forward, of late, about his dual take on all things vegetarian – and good for him – he raises animals on a ranch in Texas now. But the billion dollar vegan industry leaders are not about to forgive him any time soon!
This person that Mike Adams sold the California vegan product business to promotes a complex carb diet almost devoid of proteins and fats (they are bad! bad! bad! and only weaklings eat them… didn’t you know). A parallel focus seems to also occur with obsessed, closed minded vegans – only skinny is beautiful and any fat ona body is disgusting! Afew of his clients are my clients, devouted to his eating rules and quite ill and miserable!
Sometimes we, the consumer, are lambs (maybe leeks) to the slaughter…
KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Merrie Bakker B.Sc, M.Arch, CN
by appointment only
we’re still in Kerrisdale, Vancouver, BC
please email, phone or text 604-261-7742 and firstname.lastname@example.org
HOURS: flexible hours – Monday – Saturday
Cancellations – we request 48 hour notice by phone prior to your scheduled appointment.
(NO supplement sales occur at Pacific Holistic EVER – in order to maintain our integrity. No products ~ no biases ~ no MLM ~ no hidden commissions ~ just plain honest, in-depth straight-forward analysis, suggestions and support.)
The initial session takes about 3 1/2 hours (depending on your health challenges, curiosity, questions and knowledge) $190
Follow-up sessions (within one year) are quicker – $95
We accept cheques, cash, e-transfer and all credit cards (through the PayPal system).
GET YOUR FREE BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTER – SHOOT US AN EMAIL WITH “newsletter” in the subject email@example.com
GET YOUR FREE HEALTH REPORT: 78 FOOLPROOF TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH – SHOOT US AN EMAIL WITH “78” in the subject firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Holistic steam sauna Ozone / Oxygen therapy
Reflexology, Reiki, Dowsing – classes – all levels and therapeutic sessions
add me to your Facebook:
connect with me at LinkedIn:
#All-Things-Corona #HealthNews #reflexology #CancerAlternatives #All-Things-Glyphosate #Nightshades #Ozone #LECTINS #Bone-Broth #Sleeplessness #Hair #MoodSwings #IODINE? #Vaxxxinations #Hydrazine-Sulphate #B3 #MistletoeCancerTherapy #Cellulite #Natural-GLUTATHIONE #Cholesterol #stem-cells #vegetarian #SALTS #Gluten #Castor-Oil-Packs #Glycemic-Index #gut #herpes #12HacksForWeightLoss #Vaxxxines #Cancer-Bio-Markers #Mistletoe #B12 #PainKillers #Blood-Sugar-Imbalances #sugars-sweeteners #anti-radiation #Geopathic-Stress #Magnesium #anxiety #depression #Clutter-Clearing #OXALATES #GLYCATION #MINERALS #Surviving-Chemo-Radiation #Parasites #Dental-Fact-Fiction #fishy #Reiki #Butter #Diabetes-Hypoglycemia #detox #Minerals-for-Mental-Health #DMSO #Synthetic-versus-Natural #Dr. Livingston #Alpha-Lipoic-Acid #eyes #Biology_of_Emotions #hormones #oil-pulling #castor-oil-packs #Glycemic-Index #12-weightloss-hacks #pH-tests #Health-Canada-Agenda #ozone-Essiac-misteltoe #dowsing
Merrie Bakker – Live Blood Analyst / microscopist – Health Educator – Author – Teacher – Speaker – Editor – Hands-on-Healer – Reflexologist – Dowser – Reiki Master – Nutritional Coach – a life-long student of holistic medicine and preventative health who believes with a passion that cellular disorganization can be prevented or reversed by ortho-molecular medicine, emotional healing work, environmental detoxification (many areas of concern) and nutritional and lifestyle re-balancing (many possibilities). Combined with vigilance, monitoring and team work, clients are encouraged to detox, rebuild, re-nourish, resolve and re-educate.
Your work, thoroughness, follow-up, and willingness to be available define you as the generous caring woman that you are. As I opened my reports and started to print them, I marveled at their intelligence. I know I will refer to them frequently to see if I’ve been on track with their analysis and recommendations.