(picture above from http://blog.winniepalmerhospital.com)
Hormone Replacement Therapy is based on the premise that your body is incapable of producing the RIGHT amount of hormones as we age. Hormone production alters as we pass through life’s stages and adjusts along with you. Hormone PROBLEMS are a function of how healthy or imbalanced you are with this. All these HornyMones work together!
Any kind of hormone replacement – whether of the old-fashioned variety, or bio-identical – actually causes your body to slowdown with the making of your own on your own. This includes more than the hormones such as estradial and progesterone, but also the hormones of melatonin, DHEA and HGH, etc.
At least using bio-identical hormones means you’re not ingesting pregnant mares’ urine with all the well published side-effects – liver disease, blood clots, etc. Bio-identicals, have been conceived in a lab, synthetic, are still not your own but are at least “plant derived” and less toxic. There is a lot of money in this business – research, retail, consultancy, etc. There is a lot of misinformation, too. It is a real Buyer Beware! situation.
Knowing what you need exactly means exact saliva testing – a very expensive proposition (the tests and the visits to the naturopath, combined). And ofcourse you’ll need a baseline before you’re going to try the artificial balancing act.
Why not incorporate smart strategies into your everyday health first – to benefit your all-over health and hormones, before fixing those “horney mones” specifically. It might make a world of difference.
Both the very important organs – thyroid and adrenals – are a key and integral part of your hormonal health. Get these to work at their best and you have two bonuses and you may want to postpone the HRT!
1) Your overall health will greatly improve – emotionally and mentally, too.
2) Your hormones will have a great opportunity to do their very best for you, naturally, with thyroid and adrenal support re-adjusted just right.
THYROID – so much has been written – go to my thyroid articles for more ‘behind the scenes’ details.
So regardless of why your thyroid maybe sluggish, let’s look at how to tell how well it’s doing:
1. take your temperature – you must remain totally still and be horizontal – several hours away from food and drink. Do this mid-morning and mid-afternoon for three days and record your average (not during menstruation and ovulation) temperature – no need to do this upon arisng or before getting out of bed – those were the old days.
If you have a 37*C or a 98.6*F temperature – then you are perfect! Skip this part.
If you are slightly below – by +/- a 0.2*C or 0.4*F then I would take Lugol’s iodine (one drop in a glass of water upon rising), or several drops of potassium iodine (beware of different strengths and qualities) and quality supplements for thyroid that contain bovine thyroid extracts.These are not inexpensive and personally I would splurge – it’s worth it. You are almost a happy camper!
Any lower temperatures, though, requires you to continue with the following steps.
(of course I’m not a doctor so this is just an educational discussion and definitely not any form of diagnosis and treatment!!!)
I woud increase my Lugols to two drops gradually or my potassium iodine to 6 drops gradually. On the first day, take one drop; on the next two days take two drops; on the next three days take three drops each day; on the next four days take four drops per day and on the following 5 days take five drops – and so forth – all in a glass of water in the morning – not with food – best on an empty stomach. We must be very cautious with our thyroids – as opposed to some of the crazy advise about taking whole dropper-fuls for the fallout damage prevention, as recently popularly recommended by some pharmacists – nothing like overkill and damage!
Find where your thyroid is on a reflexology chart and work away on your feet and hands (feet are for watching TV) and hands are for whenever you can – at stop lights, on the bus, waiting for people and so forth! If you have a friend who is a Reiki practitioner, then you may want to do an exchange if that Reiki person will really focus on your thyroid rather than some preset formula of actions and hand positions…
This is very inexpensive. This is helpful.
3. When you see improvement, then you’ll continue with the potassium iodide in water but go back to 4 drops – or one drop of Lugols and do this for a few more weeks as well as continuing the supplements with the bovine extract and again take your temperature.
Adjust with the focus that you want to stay at the right temperature with the least amount of daily potassium iodide drops. Keep monitoring till you have it just right and then check every so often.
4. If you’re not there yet, then keep up with the 5 or 6 drops of potassium iodide or 2 drops of Lugols, the supplements, Reiki and reflexology for another 2 weeks and check again. If not quite right yet, you’ll at least have made a great improvement.
Take the drops with you on holidays. I find that when I back off or forget, the amount of calories I can eat may go up and I’m less eager in general to get up and embrace the day and just less of a happy camper.
YOUR ADRENALS – are not as easy to size up on your own. But this you can do for sure. One way of telling how well they are doing is to see if you are dizzy or a tad breathless or have heart thumping moments when you jump up after lying down quietly for a while.
Or a live blood analysis session will shed light on both your adrenals and throid and of course, so much more – at once.
1) minimise your sources of stresses – call in some markers; get extra baby-sitting; tell
your boss where you could cut some corners for your sanity, etc.; make a barter deal with your accountant so your back taxes get done; let your eager girlfriend come in and do that clutter clearing that she’s been threatening to do….
2) Take up the easy habit of finding a quiet room, a certain spot to sit in and allow your body to be totally still. Then let your mind be as still as it can and then let your nerves go limp, too… it’ll be amazing how many aches come forth that you can blow off – it doesn’t need to be the lotus position or a trip to a meditation centre and a lot of work – just a straight back and a few minutes. Do this often, same spot, same room and go limp and tell your mind to empty (not possible but we can become better and better at this).
3) I purchase this specific supplement – Thorne’s Cortrex – for support (I don’t have shares in the company and of course I’m not to diagnose or treat… these are just suggestions based on analyses :-))
4) You may also want to include zinc and B5 in your diet.
If you want to add the zinc with food, then take your pick:
Oysters – BIG ZINC
Crab, Lobster, Mussels and shrimp – medium zinc
Clams, salmon – little bit of zinc
Baked beans, Lentils and kidney beans – small tad of zinc
Cashews – little bit less than a small tad
(Vegetarians may need as much as 50% more zinc than non-vegetarians because of the lower absorption of zinc from plant foods, so it is very important for vegetarians to include good sources of zinc).
If you want to add the B5 through food, too, then take your pick from: whole grains, brown rice, broccoli, yams, mushrooms, salmon, eggs, legumes. When you cook any of these foods, it will destroy up to half of the B5.
5) You can use the following herbs: Cleavers and Plantain – either or both (I go to Gaia Gardens on West Broadway in Vancouver) and make a tea from them or buy the herbs in a tincture and use judiciously. Enjoy very little, several times a day, with consistency… This is not one of those “if a little is good then a lot is better…” and sometimes I add mint to the teas to give it a little taste
And a tincture of:
* Borago officinalis (Borage) – an herb with a variety of uses, including significant tonic benefits for the adrenals.
* Eleutherococcus senticosis (Siberian ginseng)
* Astragalus membranaceous (Huang Qi)
6) add Vitamin C – a small amount of quality C per day – it must say that it’s made from Acerola Berry, Hibiscus, etc. on the bottle. If it doesn’t say what the Vitamin C is made of, even in the fine print, then it’s from cornstarch, in spite of what the salesperson tells you, and therefore not good enough for you. If it is written “with” Ascerola Berry, then you know it’s got 8% of that product and still 92% of what you don’t want. The good brands have left Canada – Allergy Research and Nutricology.
I personally purchase Camu Camu Berry. It’s not buffered and thus cannot be used for liver flushes or used in very large quantities at one time – just a few 1000 milligrams per day maximum – divided amounts if possible and daily.
7) Find a friend who can show you where the adrenals and thyroid are in reflexology and give yourself (or exchange) frequent foot rubs in the right places.
So shortly you’ll have very grateful adrenals and thyroid.
But the even bigger reason was to allow your horny-mones to be as balanced as possible as they all dance together and as we age!
KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Merrie Bakker B.Sc, M.Arch, CN
we’re still in Kerrisdale, Vancouver, BC
by appointment only
please email, phone or text 604-261-7742, email@example.com
HOURS: flexible hours – Monday – Saturday
Cancellations – we request 48 hour notice by phone prior to your scheduled appointment.
(NO supplement sales occur at Pacific Holistic EVER – in order to maintain our integrity. No products ~ no biases ~ no MLM ~ no hidden commissions ~ just plain honest, in-depth straight-forward analysis, suggestions and support.)
The initial session takes about 3 1/2 hours (depending on your health challenges, curiosity, questions and knowledge) $190
Follow-up sessions (within a year) are quicker – $95
We accept cheques, cash, e-transfer and all credit cards (through the PayPal system).
GET YOUR FREE BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTER – SHOOT US AN EMAIL WITH “newsletter” in the subject firstname.lastname@example.org
GET YOUR FREE HEALTH REPORT: 78 FOOLPROOF TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH – SHOOT US AN EMAIL WITH “78” in the subject email@example.com
Pacific Holistic steam sauna Ozone / Oxygen therapy
add me to your Facebook:
connect with me at LinkedIn:
#All-Things-Corona #HealthNews #B3 #CancerAlternatives #All-Things-Glyphosate #Nightshades #Ozone #LECTINS #Bone-Broth #Sleeplessness #Hair #MoodSwings #IODINE? #Vaccinations #Hydrazine-Sulfate #B3 #MistletoeCancerTherapy #Cellulite #Natural-GLUTATHIONE #Cholesterol #vegetarian #SALTS #Gluten #Castor-Oil-Packs #stemcells #Glycemic-Index #gut #herpes #12HacksForWeightLoss #Vaccines #Cancer-Bio-Markers #Mistletoe #B12 #PainKillers #Blood-Sugar-Imbalances #sugars-sweeteners #anti-radiation #Geopathic-Stress #Magnesium #depression #Clutter-Clearing #OXALATES #GLYCATION #MINERALS #Surviving-Chemo-Radiation #Parasites #Dental-Fact-Fiction #fishy #Butter #Diabetes-Hypoglycemia #Help! #Minerals-for-Mental-Health #DMSO #Synthetic-versus-Natural #Dr.Livingston #Alpha-Lipoic-Acid #Biology-of-Emotions #hormones #oil-pulling #castor-oil-packs #Glycemic-Index #oil-pulling #12-weightloss-hacks #pH-tests #Health-Canada-Agenda #ozone-Essiac-misteltoe
Merrie Bakker – Live Blood Analyst / microscopist – Health Educator – Author – Teacher – Speaker – Editor – Hands-on-Healer – Reflexologist – Dowser – Reiki Master – Nutritional Coach – a life-long student of holistic medicine and preventative health who believes with a passion that cellular disorganization can be prevented or reversed by ortho-molecular medicine, emotional healing work, environmental detoxification (many areas of concern) and nutritional and lifestyle re-balancing (many possibilities). Combined with vigilance, monitoring and team work, clients are encouraged to detox, rebuild, re-nourish, resolve and re-educate.